Administrative Assistant – Job Description
The Royal Kennebeccasis Yacht Club (RKYC) is looking for an individual to fill the role of Administrative Assistant. This is a permanent, part-time opportunity located at the RKYC’s 1042 Millidge Avenue location in Millidgeville. This position is based on a flexible 32 hour work week.
The RKYC, founded in 1894, with a Royal Warrant granted in 1898, is the Saint John area’s largest and oldest yacht club and marina.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overall Accounting & Administrative support reporting to the Club Manager and Club Treasurer
- Responsible a for full cycle accounting system (Quickbooks)
- Accounts receivable, including Invoicing, cash receipts, and collections.
- Accounts payable and cash disbursements.
- Payroll administration, company statutory filings and remittances
- Human resource support
- Point of contact for member services and support
- Maintenance of financial information, filing system and accounting system
- Coordinating club and non-member social functions
To be considered for this position, candidates should meet or exceed the following criteria:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Accounting, Payroll and/or Business Administration
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in Accounting and Payroll.
- Extensive computer experience with a proficiency level of knowledge with: Microsoft Office suite of programs, internet access/usage and Quickbooks accounting software.
- Self-starter, quick learner, ability to work independently AND as part of a team and willing to undertake new challenges and grow with the job.
- Process oriented, with superior analytical and organization skills and a high attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including exceptional interpersonal skills to earn the trust & confidence of members, fellow employees and executive.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and diplomacy. Ability to influence and establish ‘best practice’ within area of expertise and overall business.
- Experience in the marina industry or with boats and boating would be an asset.
To apply, please email a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position and resume to email@example.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.